Two years ago today I lost my brother. Someone who I had never known life without. He was 2 years older than me, we shared just about every childhood memory together. We fought like cats and dogs when we were kids. He beat the crap out of me lol NO he didn't have any mercy on his little sis. Without him I wouldn't be who I am today. He taught me to be tough, to not let people walk all over me, and to never give up.
He was a free spirit and wasn't scared of anything life had to offer. He definately lived on the edge, which scared the hell out of most of us, but he didn't live life with fear. I honestly don't think he was scared of anything...which is a scary characteristics for anyone to have. He used to wear those "No Fear" brand of clothes when we were younger and how fitting that was. Good or bad he lived life to the fullest and didn't hold back for a minute. Some may say it was wild and wreckless and quite frankly he worried the hell out of us, but it was his life and that's the way he chose to live it. Eric Church's song "Young & Wild" reminds me so much of him.
It's been 2 years and it still feels like it's not real. It's crazy to grow up with someone your whole life and then BAM! they're gone. It's weird to think I'll never see, hug, smell, or hear him again in this lifetime...it's too heartbreaking to think of really. He will be missed more than any words could ever express and as long as I live, there will always be an empty place in my heart for him. Our family was forever changed when he left this Earth and will never feel complete again. Love and miss you "Butter" <3
Boy he loved this girl! So sad she will never meet him on this Earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment