My best friend, Erica has decided to start walking/running with me a few days a week. It has taken us a couple weeks to get a routine down between shuffling her kids to soccer practices/games and just the hectic day to day routine with kids, work, and life in general. It looks like we'll be meeting up 3 days a week. Then I'll just go to the gym the other days. I'm excited to have someone for support, motivation, and most importantly someone to talk to and make our workouts fly by!!
I said partner(s) right?! The other girl is actually someone I barely know, which is VERY different for me, but GOOD! I'm a pretty shy, introverted person, so it's fair to say I usually stick to what I'm comfortable with. So when this girl hit me up on Facebook to run I was caught a little off guard since we've never really hung out, but I thought what the heck?! I can use all the motivation I can get! PLUS, it's time I branch out a little and get out of my comfort zone!
I'm just hoping we can get in a good routine and it works out! One problem is that we all have different levels of endurance...these girls have never really ran before, but they're both in good shape and will probably be out running me in no time. I'm thinking all of us starting on a Couch Potato to 5K running plan might be a good idea to get us all at the same pace and get our endurance at around the same level. I also think it would be pretty neat to eventually get a women's running group together...hhhmmm maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself just yet.
Secondly, there's always areas of my life I can improve upon. I think setting small weekly or monthly goals could be benefitual to my health and overall happiness. There's several small things I can think of that I would like to change, for instance getting more sleep, drinking more water, doing at least one good deed per day, etc. One thing in particular that has been driving me nutts lately is the amount of TV that I watch! It's ridiculous! My name is Laci and I'm a TV-aholic. I have a love/hate relationship with my DVR. It's great because I can watch an hour show in probably 30 minutes or less, but it's bad because it allows me to watch EVERYTHING under the sun! And boy do I record alot of junk! RuPaul's Drag Race seriously Laci?! That's when I realized I had a problem. It ESPECIALLY drives my husband nutts lol bless his heart! I think if he's forced to watch another episode of The Real Housewives of Orange County I may find him on the roof ready to jump. I just get sucked in...it really is a sickness lol! The biggest thing I hate about my TV watching is the time it takes away from Alexis and Derek. Even though I've made healthy lifestyle changes, I've always held on to my couch potato tendencies. Don't get me wrong, when I get home after work and working out I'm usually running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get stuff done, but the minute I get it all done the first thing I want to do is hit the couch and turn on the tube...when I know I should be spending QUALITY time with my family.
Here's the Rules:
- No TV after 10:00...GO TO BED CRACKHEAD!!!
- Delete AT LEAST 3 shows off the DVR...the amount of shows you follow are redonkulous!
- Only 30 minutes of TV while Alexis is awake
- Can watch as much TV as you want from the time Alexis falls asleep till 10:00...which is probably 30 minutes if any LOL
~Laci
Are those RULES I see? I have rules and you think I'm crazy! But seriously, RuPaul's Drag Race???? Seriously? hahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteGlad you have some runner friends. Wish I was one of them!
Yes I know. I'm pretty sure I called myself Lady P when I decided some rules needed to be laid down. But it's outta control...I mean RuPaul for the love of Peter?!!
ReplyDelete