Friday, November 12, 2010

~ABC's and an Easy Dinner~

I got the day off yesterday for Veteran's day!! I spent the entire day with my baby girl! It was F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.!! It makes me wish I could work a little less. The day was simple, relaxing, and we got to share a lot of laughs...so much better than my usual days during the week when I come home after working all day and an hour and 1/2 at the gym and I'm just exhausted tired and have a million and one things to do before going to bed. It's nice to get a break from that every now and then to get to slow down and enjoy my little sweet heart. OH!! And something HUGE happened yesterday!! I'm standing in the kitchen making us some breakfast and Lexi is playing with her ABC magnets on the fridge (yeah I always said I'd never have that "junk" on my fridge, but it happens muh friends, it happens lol) when all of a sudden she just starts saying the alphabet...THE ENTIRE ALPHABET!!!!! So I start freaking out! OMGOMGOMG!!! She thought I was crazy! We've been working with her on it and she'll say bits and pieces of it, but never the whole thing. So it was kind of crazy to hear her just start saying it out of no where.


Wednesday night I cooked this for dinner

(That picture doesn't look to appetizing lol but I promise it's good)

I am not one to cook out of a box. I've never really liked anything from a box, but these Macaroni Grill dinners are DELICIOUS!! The Creamy Basil one is my favorite...

Normally I don't get home till about 6:30 or 7:00, so quick dinners are key these days! This is super fast and easy, so it works great for me! One serving (1 cup prepared, which fills me up) is 300 calories and 11 grams of fat. It calls for butter and milk, so I replace real butter with Parkay no calorie butter spray and I use about half skim milk and half whole milk. I've tried using just skim milk, but the sauce is too thin. So once you substitute those ingredients, the calorie count is even lower and it tastes great! The hubs loves it and even Lex gobbles it down...and for those of you with kids...I'm sure you know how picky a 2 y/o can be! Try it! I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

I was thinking about starting a new workout routine in the morning instead of after work, so I have more time to spend with my family and get things done. I woke up around 5:30 this morning and me and Rambo went for a jog. Rambo LOVED it, but I'm fixing to fall asleep right now and my body is pretty sore...so I don't know how this is going to work out... :/

~Laci















2 comments:

  1. Can I just say how much I admire you for finding time to work out! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you. Now if I had a body like yours I wouldn't have to worry about it huh? Must be nice! :P

    ReplyDelete