Thursday, February 24, 2011

NO!!

"It is worth every single NO that you will say.”

This is a quote I stole from one of my favorite bloggers. And let me tell you it has been SO fitting these last couple of days. Yesterday especially...

First, my boss brings in her homemade chocolate chip cookies and (pretty much does everything but shove them down my throat) waives them in my face. But I said NO!

THEN my 2 besties call me up for a lunch date at our FAVORITE Mexican food joint. OMGOMGOMG! You see, Mexican food has my heart. We used to have quite the love affair back in the day...we still haven't broken up completely. We still have a fling every now and then. It was painful, but I said NO! Passing on my absolute favorite food AND two of my favorite people was H.A.R.D.!

THEN a co-worker brings in the best cupcakes in the world. And I'm not exaggerating a bit. These are THE.MOST.AMAZING. things ever! Aside from Mexican food, truly one of my top faves. I had to stay out of the break room at this point. And I said NO!

THEN this morning a customer brings in delicious FREE BBQ from his restaurant just because he loves us :) Thanks! My thighs feel the love too. But I said NO!

AND we also have a customer that drives a Little Debbie truck and he brings us SACK fulls of Little Debbie's all the time, so we're in constant supply of those little devils too.

People need to stop showing love with food!!!! They're killing me!!

Seriously though, it would have been so easy to give in to any of those temptations (or ALL of them as I would have a couple of years ago) but at the end of the day it felt so good to say NO!

And not to mention...the scale was nicer to me this morning because of it :)

So I leave you with another quote "Nothing tastes better than skinny feels."

~Laci

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Laci! Want to know a secret? Sometimes when my coworkers are trying to shove food down my throat, I just smile, thank them for being so kind, and take the cupcake, cookies, whatever it is... Then, when they walk away, I throw it in my trash and cover it with a piece of paper. It gets them off your case, and they'll never know :)

    Love your ending quote!

    Elle, A PriorFatGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!!! NO NO NO~! and I love the quote, I'm sooooo stealing that!

    ReplyDelete