Ok I'm at a loss for what to do?! Preschool is making me crazy (along with Derek and Alexis)! Lexi has been going for 6 weeks now (2 days a week) and is still having mega meltdowns in the morning (however the vomiting has ceased "for the most part" YAY!). She comes home and talks a big game like she liked it, but when it's time to go back she freaks out! A friend of mine told me it took her daughter 6 weeks to adjust to daycare (she was also going 2 days a week) so I've rode it out this long, but I don't see it getting THAT much better :(
In a perfect world, Alexis would stay with her grandma 5 days a week, but that's not possible anymore. Grandma can only watch her 3 days a week. So daycare or a private in home sitter are my only options. I don't even know if she'd do much better with an in home sitter? And finding THE RIGHT babysitter that I can trust may be impossible...and it may take her a few weeks to adjust to that...would they deal with a crying kid all day? I don't know if we should just continue to ride the daycare thing out and hope for it to get better or just throw in the towel now?! I like the structure and social interaction she gets through daycare, but if she is really THIS unhappy with it, is it worth it? Then on the other hand, am I just giving in and letting her have way? I don't know what to do!!
If we go with plan B then we'll need sitter suggestions :) So does anyone know of any good sitters in the area? :)
~Laci
I know of one! :)
ReplyDeleteIs there a way for her to go 5 days a week? I sought my trusted sitter for advice and she says she has seen kids that only go twice a week take two months or longer to get past it. She recommends go all in and do it 5 days a week.
ReplyDeleteThat probably isn't what you want to hear.
I think maybe she just needs a little more time! I think it's definitely good for her and she will eventually have to go thru this.. If not now than preschool or real school. So doing it now will make it easier down the line! I would be worried that changing something now would confuse her even more and could make it even harder on her. You are doing awesome laci!! Stay strong and consistent and I really think you will start seeing progress... Love you :)
ReplyDelete@Rikki - No. We were going to put her in 5 days a week for a while, but the daycare doesn't have an opening for that right now.
ReplyDelete@Julie - This just makes me want to be a stay at home mom more than ever now or at least a part time SAHM...too bad I can't get paid for that lol