Friday, March 11, 2011

A Couple of Dips

Here are a couple of D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. dip recipes I got from a friend, thank you Shayna :)

Black Bean Avocado Dip:

1 Can Low sodium Black Beans (seasoned or plain)
2 Avocados
1/2 Medium red onion
2 large tomatoes (or 4-5 roma tomatoes)
1 bunch of cilantro
Lime Juice
Chili Powder to taste
Cumin to taste
salt and pepper

Chop the tomatoes after removing the seeds.

Dice the avocados.

Mix beans, tomatoes, onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and diced avocados. Don't mix avocados until just before serving. Season and serve chilled.

Everything is to taste. If you like more tomato, add more. If you like more avocados, add more. You can't mess it up! This dip goes great with Baked tortilla chips!

Fruit Salsa:

What You Will Need:

4 Kiwis
2 Apples (My favorite are Fuji's)
8 oz. Raspberries
16 oz. Strawberries
3 Tbsp. Fruit Preserves (any flavor)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. brown sugar

Chop the fruit into small pieces. Add the preserves and sugar. Stir together and set in fridge at least 15 minutes.

Goes great with Cinnamon Tortilla chips:

10 10" Tortillas
Spray Butter
2 Cups of cinnamon and sugar mix

Spray tortillas with spray butter. Cut into 8ths. Put on cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mix. Spray again with butter to coat the tortilla. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

I LOOOOOOVE these dips. They are a great healthier alternatives when having a party or potluck and they're so good people won't be able to tell they're healthy.
Enjoy :)
~Laci




















2 comments:

  1. Mouth is WATERING for that avacado dip Laci!!! Yum cannot wait to try it. Also, I just now saw your comment on my blog about the doggy boots. LOL! They are great and I got them at the pet store here in Conway. I know they should have them at PetCo though and if not you can always order them online. They are perfect for those dewey mornings and snowy days too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome!! Let me know if you like it!

    ReplyDelete