Friday, March 25, 2011

YAY!!!

So if anyone follows my "Exercise Log" you will see that I haven't worked out in SEVERAL days. Well a fungus is among us and it won't get outta my house!!!!!! I was sick throwing up, body aches, no energy, etc. for 2 1/2 days, then Alexis got sick and is STILL sick (5 days later OMG!) with the same junk plus a wicked runny nose! This junk just won't go away and it's stressing this momma out!!!!!! So needless to say, yes I've been a worn out, tired, lazy whore! The gym is the last thing on my mind when my poor widdle baybay is miserable :( However, I FINALLY got my lazy arse out last night and ran/walked. ANNNNNND I acquired a new walking/running buddy!! I'm pretty excited about this new development!! She's my bestie and I'm hoping this becomes a new routine for us!

Now for some great news!!! We took Alexis out of daycare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Actually this is kind of bittersweet. I wish it would've worked out because I know it could have been beneficial to her, but it didn't so I'm at least glad that we have amazing family that we can lean on. It takes a village to raise a child, I'm tellin ya! Anywho...Derek's sister was thrilled when I asked if she would like to watch Alexis one day a week if I paid her. Alexis LOOOOOVES her Aunt Kasi so I was SOOOO relieved when she was more than willing to watch her. Today was Lexi's first day to stay with her and she was SSSSOOOO excited!! Kasi is awesome with her. She loves on her and plays with her all day. And Kasi has two cute little puppies that Lexi just loves. She discovered the doggy door this morning and couldn't figure out why in the world the dogs kept going through it, so she tried to follow them :)

It is such a relief to be able to drop your child off with someone you know genuinely loves and cares about her more than anything. As a full-time working mom I feel bad enough that I'm not able to be at home with her everyday, so I figure the least I can do is send her to a place that she loves and is comfortable with. I had tons of mixed emotions about whether to keep her in or take her out of daycare because I received many different opinions. But nothing p*ssed me off more than a certain persons UNwanted and just out right RUDE opinion. I won't name any names but this is how that conversation went down:

Me: *With loads of excitement* "We don't have to take Lexi to daycare anymore!!!! Derek's sister is going to watch her!"
Miss Rude: "WIMP! What are you going to do when she starts school?"
Me: *Struggling to not jump across the room and choke the old bat out* "She's 2!! I will figure out school when that time comes! We have a few years to get her adjusted to that and try out daycare again, if need be. But sending my child to a place that terrifies her so badly she throws up and is hysterical isn't right. She wakes up EVERY DAY, cries and the first thing that comes out of her mouth is 'Do I have to go to school today?' There's obviously something that is not right here and I'm not going to continue to put her through it just so I can say 'I won. She didn't win.' We've stuck it out for almost 3 months now, I don't think it's about winning at this point!

Some people just need to learn to keep their mouths shut. Anywhosal...the weekend plans are looking nice! The in laws are camping and we plan to go spend the day with them Saturday on the lake and just enjoying the great outdoors (but I'll skip on the actual camping part lol). Then it looks like Derek and I will get a date night that night!! Woohoo!! Hope you guys enjoy your weekend!!

~Laci

2 comments:

  1. I know what a hard decision this has been for you and am so happy y'all have found a happy solution for everyone!! There is nothing worse than having to leave an crying, brokenhearted baby and you have definitely put in a valiant effort and stuck it out long enough! I think if she is in a healthy, positive environment were she feels happy and secure there is nothing but GOOD that can come from that.. Don't worry about stupid comments made. Every kid is different and as a mom you know what's best for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jewels. BTW you need to update your blog lol and I MISS YOU! Last time we saw each other I was down in the dumps. We need to have a happy get together soon :) luv ya!

    ReplyDelete