Tuesday, December 7, 2010

**Chaotic December**

I have neglected my blog for a few weeks now. I have been SOOOOO busy and I'm only getting busier. Feels like I have done nothing but shop for the past month straight and now I have parties coming out the wazoo! Last night I had to sit down and write out my Christmas party/dinner schedule because I can't keep them all straight. It's nutts!! I have 4 possibly 5 Company Christmas Parties and 4 Family Christmas Dinners in about a one week period. It's gonna be complete chaos!! Luckily I have most of my Christmas shopping done, wrapped, and under the tree. The real task is going to be finding new outfits for all these parties...

Here's an easy meal idea for you all...

For the first year of my "lifestyle change" when I wasn't eating a "lovely" lean cuisine I was eating one of these:
This is super quick and easy to make and it's one of my favorite things to eat. After working all day and sweating it out in the gym after a long day of work the last thing I want to do is come home and slave over a hot stove, so the easy part is almost as important to me as the healthy part. This is just a twist on the classic bacon, egg, and cheese muffin. I toast a whole wheat english muffin and spray it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. Scramble egg beaters or one egg and the white of another egg. Use turkey bacon and Kraft's 2% Reduced Fat swiss cheese. And might I add that cheese is one of the best reduced fat cheeses I have found...I don't use complete fat free b/c it has absolutely no flavor to me and you have to like what you eat at least a little :) Although this is normally meant for breakfast, I eat it for dinner all the time. It's about 290 calories, 7 g. fat, and 25 g. protein when you use the egg beaters. If you use eggs it's about 315 calories and 11 g. fat. Although using eggs is a little more fattening than Eggbeaters I recommend it. I think it tastes better, not that Eggbeaters taste bad, they're actually better than I thought they'd be. The yolk of the egg is of course the fattening part, however it has a lot of good nutrients your body needs, just not too much of it and also it's not processed. Speaking of processed...if I ever find time in my schedule to go organic I would like too give it a try. I eat entirely too much processed stuff for the sake of convenience.
Oh and BTW Alexis still hates Santa :( I took her to get her pictures with him on Sunday (or so I thought) and she clinched onto me so tight I couldn't even get her out of my arms...hhhmmm...maybe next year...

Happy Holiday Shopping!!


~Laci

3 comments:

  1. I'm asking out of pure curiosity.. but could your next post be about how your house gets clean and the rest of your family gets fed? I'm seriously curious.

    Great job and being healthy and the lifestyle change. If you could also blog about that and how you came to the decision and your steps, that'd be great too.

    kthnxbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeeeez! So demanding!! And BTW my house is a dump and my family can starve :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha... I'm secretly hoping so, otherwise you are Super Woman and that gets in the way of my lazy time. :-)

    ReplyDelete