Friday, March 4, 2011

3 Day Fruit Cleanse

Okay so I'm not into gimicks, fad diets, or a specific "diet" at all. I like doing my own thing: watching my calorie intake, staying active, and not being completely restricted from certain foods. Specific diets have never worked for me, but I have been at a plateau for several months now. My cousin (my uncertified and free dietician and trainer as I like to call her) suggested I try this 3 Day Fruit Flush Detox:
So I said what the hey it's only 3 days, I'll give it a shot. Let me tell you a little bit about it first.
It's great if you want to:
  • Lose up to 9 pounds in 3 days
  • Break Food Addiction
  • Kick-start a new diet or exercise program
  • Break through a plateau
  • Cleanse and detox your body from toxins and impurities
  • Shed a few pounds before a special event (wedding, prom, vacation)

So I figured at the least my body would get a good cleaning :) I chose to start on a Tuesday, that way I could shed my weekend weight (about 3 lbs.) on Monday and I would have a true weightloss result.

Day 1:

You drink 5 Jay Robb protein drinks...one every 2 hours from 8:00-4:00. (I couldn't find the Jay Robb protein powder in my area, so I found something comparable, but it wasn't quite close enough so this could have had a negative affect on my results.) At 6:00 you have a big salad of raw veggies and grilled chicken w/ olive oil and 1/2 of a squeezed lime/lemon. Day 1 wasn't bad at all. I stayed surprisingly full all day and the chicken salad was pretty good.

Day 1 Weight loss: 1.6 lbs.

Day 2:

You eat a serving of fruit every 2 hours from 8:00-4:00. At 6:00 you have a raw veggie salad with NO chicken :( and one protein drink. This day was rough. The fruit didn't keep me as full as I expected and the salad had no flavor without the chicken. I choked down 1/2 of the salad then threw the rest away. By the end of the night I was miserable, weak, tired, and had no energy. To avoid dealing with food cravings I just went to bed. Hey, I could use an early nights rest anyways!

Day 2 Weightloss: 1.8 lbs.

Day 3:

You do the same as day 2. I woke up feeling smaller, so that made me feel good. It was a lot easier knowing this was my last day. I'm not gonna lie I put a little chicken on my salad that night...I just couldn't choke down another one of those nasty plain salads.

Day 3 Weightloss: 1.6 lbs.

Total Weightloss in 3 days: 5 lbs!

I was pretty happy with the result and the cleanse overall was alright (thank God it was only 3 days). It did help me break through my plateau! But I'm afraid that may be because my body is completely empty and I may gain it all back with the first meal I eat, whether it be a good or bad one. We'll see. I'll let you know next week. However, after eating breakfast this morning I'm STUFFED and that never happens, so hopefully it shrunk my stomach a little!

I don't know that I'll ever do it again but it was something new to try. My cousin lost 6 lbs. on it and said she will probably be doing it a couple times a year.

For more info on the 3 Day Fruit Flush go to http://www.jayrobb.com/ and download the ebook for $5.
As for me, I'm ready to EAT and get back in the gym :) Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!!

~Laci

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog (twice now) took notes, and also directed my Mom here. :)
    Just so you know...
    Next you should try the Yoplait challenge thing. I think I could handle that a lot better than this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the yoplait challenge thing?

    ReplyDelete